Update #1: Here’s KITE’s report on the 75+ startups we know are attending Cannes Lions. If you’ll be in Cannes, get in touch with KITE CMO Tarah Feinberg, who is mentoring at the R/GA Start-up Academy and available June 20-23 to discuss bespoke research and partnership facilitation.
Update #2: KITE’s OFFICE HOURS at LIONS INNOVATION – Ask leading startups how they’ve successfully partnered with brands & learn how they could help you (pod 15 in the Rotonde Riviera):
* 11am-12pm: Hastag’d – tell your story with customers’ social media posts
* 1pm-2pm: Duel – run fully automated photo contests with your audience
* 3:30pm-4:30pm: Kiwi – software that recognizes gestures and motions at a detailed level
Kicking off June 18, the annual Cannes Lions Festival is the world’s best-known celebration of creativity in advertising, a must-attend for brands and agencies. In recent years it has also attracted up-and-coming startups and established tech companies like Google, AOL, Facebook and Spotify.
They all come together at Lions Innovation, a two-day festival-within-the-festival, now in its second year, that explores data and tech as catalysts for creativity. Indeed, brands increasingly rely on new technologies and platforms for targeting and engaging consumers.
We’re thrilled to partner for a second year with Lions Innovation, this time on a series of interactive reports about key tech trends affecting marketers globally. Since it has become vital for brands to find the best emerging tech partners, each report includes notable case studies, as well as details on hundreds of relevant startups. Check them out now:
Fluid Connections: A Seamless Digital/Physical World
Fluid Connections = people moving easily between digital and physical worlds with their mobile and connected devices.
* Sectors explored: location-based technologies, messaging, the Internet of Things (IoT) and IoT data, and augmented & virtual reality.
* Case studies: inMarket and Heineken; DigitalGenius and Unilever; Tile and Jaguar; Jaunt and The North Face
Instant Gratification: Fulfilling Desires with a Tap or Chat
Instant Gratification = the ability to easily request and receive anything, from a ride to a TV show to a date with someone nearby.
* Sectors explored: transportation, entertainment, delivery, concierge, and other services.
* Case studies: Uber and several brands; Netflix and Marriott; Tapingo and 7-Eleven, Chipotle; PeachDish and Homewood Suites; Hello Alfred and property companies
Creativity, Evolved: Emerging Technologies Shaping Advertising’s Future
Creativity, Evolved = new ways for marketers to create memorable, shareable content and experiences that deepen their connections to consumers.
* Sectors explored: augmented & virtual reality, artificial intelligence-powered messaging, content & communities, and physical-world experiences & products.
* Case studies: Oculus and Samsung with Six Flags; Oculus and Shazam with PepsiCo; msg.ai and Sony Pictures; Wattpad and GE; EVRYTHNG and Avery Denison; what3words and Audi
Now that you’re inspired and ready to take action, contact KITE for bespoke research, startup introductions and partnership facilitation.